Let them eat cake

Since Friday, I have not been feeling myself as I have been a little poorly. I had something in one of my eyes which made it very sore and very red - not in the least bit fabulous. There was a french part though as I have had to make two trips to see my very french doctor who thinks that it is just an excuse to improve my french vocabulary.

I am pleased to report that my eye is improving slowly but this is normal as the doctor told me when I went back for the 2nd time. Like all things it France it happens slowly :-)

Hence when I saw this photo for the new Chanel makeup collection Venise which is inspired by Coco Chanel’s love of Venice - the make up palette “reflects a city that has many faces”; I thought perfect!

This is what I need for my poorly eye which incidentally has seen little in terms of eye makeup so the sunglasses have been on when ever I venture outside the front door.


Fabulous and of course, french!

Bon lundi et a demain,


L x

Comments

  1. I love your story of today! Yes typical french!

    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leeann

    Thanks for your message. I know I will really miss the culture of Europe, it has such a strong pull. I would like to see if I can hop back and forth between NZ and U.K, so hopefully I will get the best of both worlds. It might not work, but I'm willing or crazy enough to give it a try!

    Hope you feel better soon

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear L
    Hope you feel beter very soon!
    Let Mr. FF takes care of you like a princess(smile)

    Take care.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope your eye heals soon! i had laser surgery 2 years ago, but also many infections from contact lenses prior to that, so i can sympathise with the no makeup horror!

    what a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leeann,

    Sorry to hear about your eye and I hope that you feel better soon.
    That is lovely Chanel makeup.

    Enjoy your week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your eye is better soon. French doctor and all. Great image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonsoir,
    I hope that your eye feels better soon!
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your eye is gettting better! I love Chanel make up...it's my favourite!
    Ciao
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's what I call a glamorous eye patch! Hope you are all better soon. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you're not well - hope your eye is on the mend and you're soon back to your usual beautiful self, sans sunglasses! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once got the tiniest speck of dust or something in my eye...you would not believe how much it swelled up (kept rubbing it). When I finally went to the Dr...first thing he did was laugh. Hmm. Hope you're better by now. Trish

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment