weekend tresors...



{one of the weekend's finds - she is tres jolie}



I was hoping to write this post yesterday but the day disappeared at a rate of knots and I am hoping that today does not go quite as quickly.


Here are some of the items that I found on Sunday....



Despite having a piece missing from her crown and one of the enfant's arms being damaged, I adore this statue and have placed her on the mantle in my showroom.








Another find was a pair of vintage appliques/wall lights which I love and think that they would look great in a shabby chic styled bathroom or bedroom.






Love the colour of these curtains! There are two and they come with a matching pelmet and vintage tie backs. Not only would they look great as curtains but I think that they would look great as part of a ciel de lit/bed crown over a bed - the pom pom detail is fabulous.




Love this silk hanky with "Souvenir de France" embroidered on it but I personally think that it is a little good to use.


I searched the internet and found out that this is a souvenir from the visit of the Tsar Nicolas II to Paris in 1896 and 1901. It is a rare piece and it is best to keep in a collection.


This cross was one of the first items that I found and I was drawn to the fabulous frame and think that the fabric is a great touch - again this would look great in a bedroom.



I think that "bleue" was the theme of the day as a lot of the items that I found were blue including these fabulous lamp shades of abat jours are they are called in French.





I am now off to photograph another treasure that is from the local chateau owner, it is a gorgeous 19th century quilt complete with patches in toile de jouy. A very pretty and rare piece - I just hope that it is easy to photograph.



Amicalement from a very hot and sunny and slightly sleepy village in SW France, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Hello,

    I love the curtains as well. What a good idea to use them for a "ciel de nuit"

    Greetings
    Jérôme

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous things. The angel is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finds! Love them all! And I can't wait to see that quilt *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little blue shades but that sweet little angel won my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have been busy and your blog looks tre' chic as well. I love the little cherub and could quite happily gaze at him all day.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning finds I love them all!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my New Giveaway from Serena & Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did good with all of your finds.....I love the fact you got two of the sconces....... and the cherub has the sweetest face!!!!!Maryanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom has a stature of Mary just like that one. brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment