Need to find some moss...


photo from here
 

 
I love decorating with moss and used a lot last Autumn and Winter.
 
I normally use moss to decorate around the bottom of orchids and even place moss in hurricane lamps then place candles on top.
 
This morning in between flea markets, we stopped at a fabulous Salon du Thé/Boutique Hotel  with equally fabulous and also "antique loving" owners, for a quick coffee.
 
We also enjoy visiting as there is always a new tresaure to admire and this morning in the hotel reciption area, was an amazing display made from moss that loooked like carpet and on top were some fabulous naturalised birds.
 
Also scattered around the hotel were urns similar to those in the photo above, full with this lovely moss.
 
Hence my mission is to find some of the fabulous moss that is very carpet like...will let you know how I get on!
 
...bon dimanche à vous toutes et tous, Leeann x

p.s. Just stumbled upon this fabulous article on decorating with moss.
 

Comments

  1. Moss is such a wonderful material to decorate with - although I'm hesitating because I like to keep summer alive a bit longer :) - Thanks for the beautiful link, very inspiring!!

    Wishing you a nice Sunday afternoon!

    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leean,
    I love everything about moss.-the smell, the texture and the instant colour.
    Great post thank you.
    Thanks also for the follow up post.
    Hope you have a lovely day,
    Lizx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you......i just closed my give away and make my post with the results..beacause i have a new give away this week...please come again and join it....love happy sunday Ria...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Leeann,
    On the photo it looks lovely but inside the home where there is a lower humidity it will not last for long. Mosses grow only on spots where the humidity is relatively high... I'd rather enjoy them in nature where they remain pretty.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plenty of moss in my garden Leeann! Love using it for decorating purposes! Did a post (last but two) about using this fabulous stuff in a little terracotta pot arrangement. Hope you find some and then let us know what you intend to create. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love moss...tried growing it in the shade garden, but did not work out. Comes fall, and i go the woods for my moss gathering expeditions. I cover styrofoam balls of all sizes with moss for winter arrangements. i had once the brilliant idea of creating a beautiful live moss runner for my christmas table with my most treasured antique japanese plates, murano glasses, silver candelabra, candles...My beautiful enchanting display came alive as the ants woke up to the warmth of the candles and started to crawl in all directions, including the guests' plates...

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you find a great source let us know!!
    I love the use of moss....
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is such lovely moss all over here, I really should learn how to preserve it for use! (It dries out so quickly.) Thanks for the inspiration on here today...hope everything is well with you Leeann! xo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leeann, have a new blog now, you have inspired me such a lot, hope to see you again soon, debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Leeann, have a new blog now, you have inspired me such a lot, hope to see you again soon, debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment