I finally found one...



Bonjour mes belles,

I hope that you had a fabulous weekend. 

Ours was a nice slow one and as it was very cold yesterday morning I was not in the mood to hunt for antiques at 5am in the morning.

Instead I sent French Boyfriend off, who did not return with a lot.

After lunch it had warmed up a little so off we set, bound for a local Brocante, about half an hours drive away.

I have been hunting for a desk for a while now and all of the ones that I have seen, have been small and I wanting something large and solid looking.

Yesterday I visited 250 stands and it was at the last stand that I found the perfect desk. Ironically it turned out to be a good friend of French Boyfriend's so I left it to him to haggle over the price.

That means one less item to find...each piece has it's own story and it is nice to use a mixture of old and new items.

I get into the habit of searching for vintage or antique items and now and then, when I buy something new, I cannot believe how quick the process is. You select the item you want, take it to the counter and pay. 

Where as with an antique item, you have an idea of what you want and you start searching. You search everywhere that you can think of, this often involves driving long distances often to find that the item is nothing like you imagined, you finally find it but it needs work and the list goes on.

That said, I love antique items and feel that the thrill is definitely in the hunting whereas buying something out of a normal shop does not give you the same amount of satisfaction.

Remind me of this when it is dark and cold and 5am in the morning...

très bonne semaine à tous, Leeann x



Comments

  1. Lovely, see, your patience paid off, well worth all the searching!
    Susan.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful find What is the market you visited?
    Many thanks
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, It was the brocante in Monségur but it is only held once a year every December but is always worth the wait :-)

      Leeann

      Delete

Post a Comment