French Food Friday...Raspberry and Vanilla Bean Friands


photo and recipe from here


Bonjour mes belles,

Thanks to amazon's speedy delivery, I am now the proud owner of a friand pan. I tried a recipe earlier in the week using a muffin pan and although we were both happy with the results, I thought that  I would treat myself to a proper friand pan.

My plan is to spend the week-end baking up a storm as I am in the mood to try out some new recipes.

Out with the old and in with the new. My grandparents owned a bakery hence I think the love of baking is in our blood.

INGREDIENTS
5 egg whites, room temperature
150g unsalted butter, melted
1tb vanilla bean paste
90g almond meal
50g plain flour
185g icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
2x punnets or fresh raspberries or 200g of frozen raspberries

METHOD
  1. Preheat an oven to 180C (350F).
  2. Grease a 6 or 8 holed oval friand pan well with butter.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk the egg whites to just combine.
  4. Add the melted butter, almond meal, flour and sifted icing sugar and combine well.
  5. Mix in three quarters of the raspberries into the batter and pour into prepared pans to two thirds full.
  6. Place two or three raspberries on top of each friand and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out the center clean.
  7. Let the friands cool slightly and then remove from the pan carefully and dust lightly with icing sugar.
  8. Serve warmed and with extra fresh raspberries, if you like.

très bon vendrredi à tous, Leeann x

Comments

  1. Thank you for the muffin recipe they look delicious. I will definitely be making them once I get all the ingredients together. I enjoyed reading your blog as I especially like baking. I used to do all the baking for a cafe but haven't done much recently. I want to get back into it and they muffins will be a great play to start.

    Faith Thomas @ The Berry Farm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment