C'est jeudi, jour du marché.

Bonjour mes belles,

Thursday morning is market day in the village and it has been for the past 600 years or so.
One hopes that this continues for the next 600  years. When we visited New Zealand earlier in the year, my sister took me to a local market but for me it lacked something.

Perhaps it was the friendly banter between the sellers or simply the way in which the French take the time to arrange their produce. I think that it is something that is hard to copy and the French are born into this way of life, hence they do not know any different and for them is normal.



For me this morning, it is if I was seeing the market for the first time, despite having lived here for 9 years it has not lost any of it's magic. 

It has been a very busy 6 months for us and we are looking forward to slowing down and taking time to enjoy life in this fabulous country.

How stunning do these lettuces look, I love the contrast of the colours...

A shopping basket is a must and the French are finally stopping plastic bags and adopting brown paper versions instead. I think everything tastes and looks much nicer when in paper bags...


Lots of lovely cheese, I can notg imagine France "sans fromage"...


Autumn really is the most lovely time of the year to be in France, the days are still warm and the mornings crisp.
I just had to take a photo of the purple cauliflower, it looks too good to eat.


à demain, Leeann x

Comments

Post a Comment