The brocante bug..


I think that the brocante is one of those things where you either love it or hate it, there is nothing in between. It rerminds me of when we moved to India and people said the same thing about Mumbai.
It was one of the best years of my life and I learnt a lot from living and working in India. We lived in the Taj Mahal hotel and it was there that I came to appreciate the work and love that goes into running a hotel.

Back to the brocante bug...French Boyfriend & I spent Sunday in beautiful Bordeaux. There were antiques partout as there was the weekly flea market taking place along with the  Antiques fair that takes place twice a year at the Place des Quinconces, which is one of the largest city squares in Europe (approximately 31 acres or 126,000 m²)

The weather was fabulous, not a cloud in the sky. There was over 200 stands and it is a great place for anyone looking to buy good quality antiques or vintage objects.

 Whilst in Bordeaux I stopped at my favorite shop to buy some of my favorites...half of which, managed to survive the trip home.

 
Bordeaux was recently voted the place to be and it really was buzzing on Sunday.

We are both looking forward to returning to this fabulous city to carry out another of our favourite past times, "shopping". 
This is a word that the French love to use and it makes me smile when I hear it mixed in with French.

à demain, Leeann x


Comments

  1. We used to go to flea markets in any city we visited and loved it .. fabulous treasure hunting :)
    My favorites were in London and then Paris .. Buenos Aires wasn't bad either :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment