Love vintage sacks...






I love old fabrics, the quality is second to none and they certainly were made to last.

These old post sacks are a la mode at present with people choosing to make cushions, blinds and even bags with them.

They also look fabulous when used to recover chairs like in the photo below that I found on pinterest.



I was lucky enough to find two of these on Sunday at a local antiques fair, one is already sold and I have one remaining.
It is in really good conditions and the fabric is heavy duty as these bags were used as mail sacks by La Poste.


The sacks are printed on both sides which means you have enough fabric to make a couple of cushions or even recover a chair if you wish....

I also purchased a couple of chandeliers which need a bit of work as a few of the crystals need attaching and I am about to get started on this after a nice cup of green tea...


à demain, Leeann x

Comments

Post a Comment